Ever notice a thick blanket of dust under a bed that hasn’t been vacuumed for a few weeks? Imagine what could be lurking in your heating and air conditioning ducts.A typical home’s heating and air conditioning ducts are coated with a thick layer of dust. This allergen farm contains animal dander, bacteria, dust mites, fungi, mold, pollen and more. Some ducts even contain construction debris from when your home was first built.Many of the particles are too small to be captured by your furnace filter. Every time your HVAC system starts, it spews the invisible cloud of contaminants into the air you and your family breathe. These particles can aggravate allergies, asthma and other breathing disorders.State-of-the-Art Rotobrush Cleaning: Chadds Ford Chimney Sweeps uses advanced Rotobrush equipment to clean your ducts. We choose this system because it’s the only duct cleaning process that simultaneously brushes and vacuums at the point of contact. A rotating brush loosens dust and debris that is immediately captured by a dual HEPA filtered vacuum. And unlike duct cleaners who use high pressure, compressed air cleaning methods, the soft bristle brushes on our system do not damage fragile flex ducting or fiberglass insulated trunks.
Don’t Confuse Our Thorough A-Z Cleaning With Low Price Gimmicks: Unlike some duct cleaners who advertise a low price and then charge a hefty fee for “add-ons” and the “blow and go” cleaners who only clean a few feet of each duct, we base our price on thoroughly cleaning your system. We believe the proper way to clean air ducts is to clean the entire HVAC system, and that our customers expect a the job to be done cirectly the first time. A partial cleaning has little value, because cleaned areas are rapidly re-contaminated by the debris that still lines your ducts.
Here’s a brief outline of the process we follow:
1. Inspection: We inspect your HVAC system to determine the most efficient cleaning approach, locate hidden wires that might be damaged, identify contaminants that require special cleaning methods, etc.
2. Vent/Register Covers are removed and cleaned with a degreasing agent to remove any contaminants like cooking oil, nicotine and other dust collecting films.
3. Pre-clean Vent Openings with a HEPA rated hand vacuum to prevent dust from being blown-back into the living area when the duct is later Rotobrushed.
4. Return Side Duct Cleaning: We scour the return ducts that supply air to your HVAC system. Special care is taken to avoid damaging electrical wiring that is often found in these passages.
5. Clean Supply Ducts: The ducts that blow eated or cooled air to your rooms are brushed and vacuumed long the entire length with our Rotobrush Equipment.
6. Main Trunk Cleaning: During this step, our brush with remote turning capability ensures that every portion of your system’s large central ductwork is scoured clean.
7. Air Handler Cleaning: Besides cleaning the ductwork, we also clean (if applicable) the blower, squirrel cage, coils and condensation pan.
8 Deodorizing/Sanitizing: If it’s necessary, we’ll deodorize and sanitize your system with an EPA registered anti microbial compound that destroys bacteria, mold, mildew, algae and fungi. The product we use is so safe that it can be used in occupied spaces and it’s commonly applied in places like nursing homes and hospitals.
Don’t Confuse Us With Low Priced “Blow and Go” Duct Cleaners: This thorough cleaning process takes 6-8-hours to clean a typical four bedroom colonial home. Larger homes in our service area actually take 2 full days to properly clean the ducts.
In comparison, some air duct cleaners spend just 2-4-hours “cleaning” the ducts in an entire, 2-story, 4-bedroom house. Is it any surprise that these cleaners often quote prices that are less than half of what a reputable firm like Chadds Ford Chimney Sweeps charges?
So when you’re trying to decide which air duct cleaning company to hire, we invite you to ask our competitors how long it will take to complete your job. Then ask us. We think you’ll find that no other company puts forth as much care and effort as Chadds Ford Chimney Sweeps to really clean your air ducts.
Call us today at 610-388-1316 to obtain a free cost estimate. The price we quote is what you pay…there are never any hidden charges.
Today it’s all about true relationships, true partnerships, real communication, great work and measurable results. And OK, a few choice words of praise from our clients.
“Extremely knowledgeable, professional and clean. They are not finished yet, as they had to treat my chimney with a chemical to loosen the creosote and will be back on December 20, 2008 to clean it. I was very impressed with two gentlemen who came out to do the work. I have no reason to expect that their work in cleaning the chimney will be any less than their first visit to treat the creosote. I would highly recommend them.”
“This was my second time using Chadds Ford Chimney Sweep. We had our air ducts, dryer vent and chimney cleaned. Kevin was clean, prompt and efficient. I have white carpeting in the living room, and you would never know they were there cleaning soot and ash!”
“The quality of the service was very good. Mr. Knight looked at all four of our chimneys and only recommended that one be cleaned. Although he was running late, he was kind enough to call well in advance and was very professional. We will certainly use him in the future and feel lucky to have found such a great company to work with.”